The historic building at 634 N. White tells a transformative architectural story. Located in the Parkview Historic District, the building was originally constructed circa 1920 as a single-family, one story shotgun double built in the Craftsman Style. Circa 1940, the house was renovated to include a raised basement and one story stucco storefront addition, and hosted a florist shop for some time through the 1960s. The building then fell into disrepair as a contractor’s storage warehouse for several years post-Katrina. The property sat vacant and blighted for years, and was long overdue for a renewal of its architectural and programmatic potential.
Concordia worked with the owners and State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) to preserve and restore the building’s historic characteristics and to achieve historic tax credits for the project. The Bed and Breakfast hosts a shared living, dining, and kitchen on the ground floor, shared upper decks in the front and rear on the second floor, shared laundry, and nine suites that each include a bedroom, full bath, kitchenette, and living space.