Certification in Resident-Centered Community Engagement6-month experiential training
Concordia invites learners into our 30 plus years of co-design experience leading authentic, effective community engagement. Together, we can empower our communities to achieve greater ownership over decision making where they live.
We strive to put equitable co-design processes at the center of community decision making. Now, we want to share our knowledge and experience with you, so that you can do the same in your community. This 6-month course condenses the "in-the-trenches" experience of community engagement and planning into an easy-to-digest and actionable learning experience. The course strives to democratize co-design and engagement, via the lens of genuine democracy, by that we mean authentic participation as a key partner in the co-creative process.
After this course...
- You will be able to confidently design, facilitate, and advocate for resident centered decision-making processes that set new standards for community engagement.
- You will walk away with a concrete toolkit applicable for any type of project, strategy, or discipline where community members should have ownership over the process and outcome.
- You will develop and embody a new, evidence-backed way of working and listening that puts relationships at the center of achievement.
What to expect
For the each lesson, you will receive:
- A link to a 12-min. or less video to watch, along with the accompanying audio in case you prefer to listen while driving, cooking, etc.
- 3 to 4 reflection questions to journal on or discuss with colleagues, family, or friends.
- One or two action-oriented assignments.
- A Zoom link to join for a scheduled, live, 75 minute class discussion.
Emails and lessons are spread out to accommodate a busy schedule while also pushing ahead with learnings. There are optional "office hours" that you can access regularly when extra support would be helpful. Finally, each cohort will be added to the ever-growing list of Roundtable alumni. This network will enable you to lean on a community of peers who have experienced the course and put its lessons into real world practices.
Send your name and email for more info about Roundtable. We have a seat open for you.